Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 12th Artwalk featuring Magical New Works by Marlita

Please Join us this Saturday Evening~~April 12th from 6 to 9 p.m.~~for the 2014 debut of new works by Ballard's own Marlita.  Come view her new paintings on display at Kick It, meet the artist, and enjoy sips & nibbles and some good conversation too!
Nature Spiritd, by Marlita, 2014.  Price Upon Request.

ARTIST'S STATEMENT
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My name is Marlita. I’m a Seattle native and since a young age I have loved creating things, and have been awed by the world around me. I believe that art is not just a picture, song or still life of a material object, but rather is glimpses of soul manifested, expressing emotions, and thought forms from the layers of yourself. My inspiration is the subjective reality that is life, through nature, spirit, senses and the human condition.  When I have a message to convey I usually find things symbolic to me that will lead the viewer to feel the underlying essence.  I relate to vivid, bright colors. I love the way they flow into each other and create synchronicity. When art can truly make you experience something within yourself and you can relate, than it is more than art, it becomes a part of you.
Marlita!

No comments: